Pinpointing a Cultural Shift

It's certain, louche is on track to become the new change.

It turns out that Robert Downey is on tap to play the newest incarnation of Sherlock Holmes in a film due to come out this coming November. But as interesting as that is, I found a small paragraph even more interesting. Talking about the ways in which they've changed the image of Sherlock Holmes, Lionel Wigram, one of the film's producers, explains:
“I realized the images I was seeing in my head were different to the images I’d seen in previous films,” he said. He imagined, for instance, “a much more modern, more bohemian character, who dresses more like an artist or a poet.” A louche, slightly wicked-looking character, he thought, like someone from a Toulouse-Lautrec painting or a member of the Rolling Stones, perhaps Brian Jones, in their Victorian-dress period. [My emphasis]
A world gone louche. Sign me up.

Comments

Jordan M said…
I would use such a word to describe you sir, yet I do not know how to pronounce it...
Timur said…
loosh.

Popular Posts